Do You Want to Build a Snowman? Practicing Place Value!

Hi friends! Jessica here from Tech and Teachability! I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the year. It has been so relaxing for me and I've been able to get a lot of things mapped out and ready for the year. 2016 is going to be amazing!

Have you seen this little gem floating around Social Media? It's so inspiring and I just love to give a shout out to all my fabulous punchies and fellow teachers out there!

Today I just wanted to share a simple little activity I created for my kiddos to kind of sum up our unit on place value and regrouping. Plus it's super adorable!


I needed a review activity for our Numbers to 120 unit and I needed to update the hallway because I am neither confirming nor denying that there may or may not have still had Christmas themed stuff out there. (Maybe, who can tell right?) So I made this! 


With this activity the kids can create a snowman by choosing a two or three snowball snowman, a scarf, and two or three buttons. Each addition has a value of tens or ones. They add them all together and show the total value of their snowman! 

I've included a recording page and a page to hang in the hallway with the snowman. 

Click HERE to grab this! 

I also created a QR code scavenger hunt scoot for early finishers to begin once they finished with this little activity. It was a review of all the topics we learned in the unit. 

I know you just love my photography skills. I'm the next Ansel Adams. 

Recording Page 
This one is more Annie Leibovitz, right? 

I tape the cards all over the room in different areas. 
They scan the codes, read the clue, and then they have to go off and find the answer! And NO the cards aren't in order! 

Please check it out HERE and let me know what you think! 

I hope everyone has a fabulous February!

Happy Teaching!

Jessica

1 comment

  1. Such cute snowmen!! And we LOVE QR codes! Our kinders think that they are the neatest thing! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.