Alphabet Apps for the Primary Classroom


Hey!  It's Andrea from Always Kindergarten.  I absolutely LOVE using technology in the classroom.  I am lucky enough to have an administrator that embraces new technology and a PTA that supports us with the funding to keep things as up to date as possible.  
I started using iPads in my Kindergarten classroom 4 years ago.  I have a set of 5 of them and we use them all day long.  At first, I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of apps out there.  It's so hard to know which are the best to use in the classroom.  In the beginning, it was trial and error and I definitely downloaded some doozies! But over the last few years, I have found some great ones that work well for my students.  

Here are some of my favorites for letter names and sounds!
Starfall ABC's is great for focusing on one letter and it's sound at a time.  And the best news...it's FREE!  My Kinders love the silly songs and activities within each letter.
iTunes               Google Play

Eggy Alphabet is a paid app ($1.99) on iTunes and totally worth the money.  And it's FREE on Google Play! There are two games within this app.  The first focuses on letter formation and there are 4 different activities.  The second focuses on letter sounds.
iTunes               Google Play

Who doesn't love Lakeshore Learning!?!  All About Letters Interactive Activities focuses on both letter formation as well as letter sounds.  The activities for each letter are the same so kiddos can complete them independently.  This app is $1.99.

Another awesome FREE app for letter identification!  ABC Ninja calls out a letter and the kids swipe that letter.  You can change the difficulty as well as choose the letters and sounds included in the game.  Its super easy to differentiate for each student.

Quite possibly one of my absolute favorites is Touchtronic ABC's!  Students use these Touchtronic Letters on the iPad to match letters to sounds.  My kinders love them!  The best part is that this app is FREE!

What are your favorite apps for the classroom?
Leave them in the comments below!





No comments

Powered by Blogger.